🌍 Tarash Mandir Colony, Vrindavan, Dist: Mathura, Pradesh 281121, India
📍 Location on Google Maps: link here
Mahasamadhi bhandara (~September 11 each year)
It was in Vrindaban that Maharajji chose to leave His body in 1973. The Neeb Karori Baba Vrindavan Ashram is located in Krishna’s holy city of Vrindaban on the plains of Uttar Pradesh. The first temple was inaugurated in 1967. This ashram is on Parikrama Marg a short ways from Mathura Road.
Within this ashram is the Mahasamadhi Mandir of Neem Karoli Baba / Neeb Karori Baba. This is the site of Maharaj-ji's Mahasamadhi Bhandara in September each year. In this ashram are Hanumanji Temple, Durga Devi Temple, Sita Ram Temple, Shivaji Yugshala Temple, and Maharajji's Mahasamadhi Temple.
Maharajji's Vrindavan Ashram has Beautiful Gardens during several months of the year.
Some westerners are permitted to stay at this ashram. A letter of introduction and prior arrangement with the ashram are a must if you wish to stay in the ashram.
Staying Outside the Ashram
These hotels and guesthouses are suggestions for Maharajji's satsang visiting Vrindavan who cannot stay inside the ashram. These listing are not an endorsment of any hotel or guesthouse listed below. Please consult the Web for more listings.
- Upscale Hotel (about 3.7-4 kilometers/2.3-3 miles from ashram): Nidhivan Sarovar Portico Hotel & Restaurant, Khasra No. 797, Gopalgahr Tehra Road. +91 5653037000, http://m.sarovarhotels.com/hotels/nidhivan-sarovar-portico-vrindavan-now-open.
- Hotel Closest to Ashram: Basera Brij Bhoomi Hotel & Restaurant, Atalla Chungi, +91 5652442610, baserabrijbhoomihotel.com.
- Guesthouse Closest to Ashram: Shree Bindu Seva Sansthan Ashram, +91 (0)9997710000, jaisiyaram.com. (secular ashram, family atmosphere)
- At Iskcon: MVT Guesthouse & Restaurant, Bhaktivadanta Swami Marg, Ramanreti, Reservations: +91 9997725666, Reception: +91 9997738666, mvtindia.com.
- Hotel Dev-Residency & Restaurant, Plot-150, Bankey Bihari Colony, Raman Reti Road, +91 5652442102, +91 5652442103, hotelsdevresidency.com.
- Hotel Krishnam, & Resturant Raman Reti Marg, +91 5656002021, +91 5656002022, +91 (0)9897378022, hotelkrishnam.com
Samadhi Temple at Vrindavan Dham
Babaji Maharaj has already fixed the date of His leaving this mortal body. He had to choose a place for the cremation of His body and to prepare back-ground for His devotees to build a commemorative temple. Babaji had already got a yajna performed for nine days in the premises of the temple by His devotee Vishambhar from Aligarh on the occasion of Chaitra Navratra in March-April, 1973.
The place situated between the dharamshala on the northern side of the courtyard and the boundary wall of the temple on the south side leaving one third of the area of the courtyard on either side. Thus the place was sanctified by adoration of the goddess Durga. Babaji ordered that this small area be blockaded and its sanctity should be maintained.
Babaji left His mortal body in Ramakrishna Mission hospital at night 10 September 1973. Inspired by Babaji's mystic power, Pagal Baba advised His devotees that His physical body be merged with elements inside the ashram. The devotees, accordingly, made a platform of sandal-wood and cremated Baba's physical body on the sacred festival of Ananta Chaturdashi, on 11 September.
A commemorative temple to preserve Baba's mortal remains was built by His devotees on that very spot. The perculiarity of this temple is that it merges the architecture of all, a temple, a mosque, church, Gurudwara and Pagoda. After all Babaji belongs to all.
From Prem Avatar
Photo Gallery (29 photos)
These photos were collected and submitted to maharajji.love by a devotee from California. If you would like to submit any additional photos or more updated info about Vrindavan Ashram, please contact our webmaster here.
Gallery opens in a new window: link here
➤ Here is a link to a selection of photos and videos from the Vrindavan Ashram, compiled into a video by a devotee in California: link here